I admit, I was perfect last week....perfectly awful. I can't remember the last time I "goose egged". I'm just going to put last week behind me and look forward to this weekend's games.
College Football
UH/Oklahoma State Over 66
Houston is going to have a very difficult time stopping the inside zone runs and the option of the Cowboys. That being said, I would not read too much into Oklahoma State's defensive performance against Georgia. They were replacing two 1st round draft picks at QB and RB. UH is absolutely loaded with speed on offense. They will isolate Charles Sims and their inside receivers on LB's in space and be able to make some big plays. If the UH offensive line can hold up to blitz pressure, UH can make this a game. Even if they can't, I still expect the Cougars to put more than a few points on the board.
Notre Dame -3 Michigan
I'm not sure what to make of the Irish defense, but their offense is very legit. If they get off to an early lead, it's going to be difficult for Michigan to keep up with them.
Louisiana-Lafayette +7.5 Kansas State
Kansas State struggled to get by UMass at home last weekend. ULL can win this game outright in a rare home game against a BCS opponent. The Cajuns ran the ball up and down the field last year in Manhattan against the Wildcats, but K-State had a #1 pick at QB that was able to keep the Wildcats one possession ahead. Josh Freeman is gone, and so is K-State's edge.
Auburn -13 Mississippi State
Bulldogs coach Dan Mullens will realize around halftime that he doesn't have Tim Tebow to turn to any more.
BYU -17 Tulane
Provided there is no emotional let down, the Cougars' offense should find the Greenwave's defense much more forgiving than Oklahoma's. I think they score 42 at a minimum.
NFL Games
Dallas -6 Tampa Bay
Tampa fired their offensive coordinator last week. They are also rebuilding their defense and will be without their starting safety Tanard Jackson. If Dallas does not turn the ball over, I can't see the Bucs consistently moving the football.
Baltimore -13 Kansas City
The Chiefs fired their Offensive coordinator last week. Not a great idea to be testing out a new scheme against one of the best defenses in the NFL.
New England -10 Buffalo
Stop me if you've heard this one already....The Bills fired their offensive coordinator last week. Terell Owens is already unhappy with the play calling style and they haven't even played a game yet. Tom Brady looks to make a statement on Monday Night Football.
Seattle -8.5 St. Louis
Listen to me when I tell you that the Rams have the least amount of talent in the NFL. Their run defense was going to suck anyway, but it should be even worse now that they lost their best DL Adam Carriker for the season. Seattle had 6 WR's hit injured reserve last season. With their roster healthier, and the addition of TJ Houshmanzadeh, the Seahawks should be one of the more potent offenses in the NFL this season.
San Diego -9 Oakland
The Chargers could very easily go 6-0 straight up and against the spread against the AFC West this season. Let me know if anyone finds Richard Seymour.
Last Week
College 0-5
Season 0-5
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment